Wednesday, April 6, 2011
2011 Annual Meeting - Thank you Vincentians!
With more than 450 'Vincentian' volunteers in attendance - the most ever - the Council's Annual Meeting was held on Sunday at the Cathedral of our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles. Some of the highlights include:
* Top Hat Award: Jim Weiss, past president of the Society's Council of Los Angeles, receives the Council's highest award for his outstanding work in the region.
* Medallion Awards: Presented to one individual in each of the Council's seven districts for their tremendous contributions over the past year. They include: Kim Williams, Donald Willey, Margarita Amador, Ernie Morales, Patricia Daniels, Frances Mitchell and Gloria Downer.
* New leadership: Executive Director David Fields introduces new Council President Claire Padama.
* Aggregation Certificates: Presented to Holy Name of Mary, San Dimas; Old Mission Santa Ines, Solvang; Our Lady of the Rosary of Talpa Young Adult, Los Angeles; St. Bruno, Whittier.
Thank you, Vincentians, for attending and for your tireless efforts throughout the year to help those in need!
Photos (top): Vincentian Jim Weiss (center) receives Top Hat Award from Council President Claire Padama and Executive Director David Fields; (bottom): Medallion honorees receive their recognition (from left): Honoree Kim Williams with Our Lady of the Angels District President Suzanne Mingleton; Honoree Donald Willey with North San Fernando District President Hilmar Rosenast; Honoree Margarita Amador with South San Fernando District President John De La Fontaine; Honoree Ernie Morales with Ventura District President Dan Sciacia; Honoree Patricia Daniels with Santa Barbara District President Richard Rink; Honoree Frances Mitchell with San Pedro District President Carol Pedersen; Honoree Gloria Downer with San Gabriel District President Richard Chavez.
“ Our Society’s strength and success comes from our ability to develop, attract and retain talented employees motivated to help those i...
1. By Claire Padama The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles, is a known for thrift stores in Los Angeles ...
Thrift Store Thursday kicks off a day early! Wednesday (1/11) and Thursday (1/12) only, all clothing with a WHITE tag is just 99 cents....