Thursday, March 1, 2012
Summer is calling...
Summer is right around the corner! And that means summer camp at beautiful Circle V Ranch Camp - operated by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul's Council of Los Angeles - in the Los Padres National Forest above Santa Barbara.
For campers who have attended Circle V Ranch during the past couple years, expect to see a postcard in the mail soon about this year's camp season. For those interested in finding our more information about the Society's camp, please call 323-224-6213 or 805-688-5252.
Here are the camp sessions and themes for 2012:
* Session 1: June 27-July 2 = PIRATES ADVENTURE WEEK: The Pirates of Circle V need you, as you and your group build a real life ship to sail on the Circle V seas!
* Session 2: July 6-11 = MVP WEEK “SPORTS EXTRAVAGANZA”: Includes all your favorite sports activities. Everyone is a winner at Circle V!
* Session 3: July 11-16 = LOST IN SPACE WEEK: Travel to Planet Circle V as we discover other planets and faraway lands. It will be a “Star Wars Adventure”.
* Session 4: July 18-23 = INTERNATIONAL WEEK: With Flutes Across the World, it's a celebration of nations with all your favorite camp activities and good old- fashioned fun!
* Session 5: July 23-28 = KNIGHTS and PRINCESSES of the ROUND TABLE: Are you ready to be a Knight or Princess at King Arthur’s annual feast and Renaissance Faire?
* Session 6: July 31-August 5 = CARNIVAL WEEK: Old-fashioned fun with all your favorite carnival games!
* Session 7: August 5-10 = CIRCLE V IDOL “TALENT SHOW": Lights, camera, action! Who will be crowned the Circle V Idol of 2012?
* Session 8: August 11-16 = SUPER HERO WEEK: Bring your cape and superpowers as we protect the magical Kingdom of Circle V!
“ Our Society’s strength and success comes from our ability to develop, attract and retain talented employees motivated to help those i...
Thrift Store Thursday kicks off a day early! Wednesday (1/11) and Thursday (1/12) only, all clothing with a WHITE tag is just 99 cents....
Your gifts have given Gordon the chance for a brighter future At 68, Gordon decided to leave hospice care. He was being treated for...