Council's Annual Meeting provides lasting memories
With 350 'Vincentian' volunteers in attendance, the Council's Annual Meeting was recently held on a bright sunny Sunday at the Cathedral of our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles. Some of the highlights...
* Top Hat Award: Gilberto Luna, president of the Society's Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels Conference, receives the Council's highest award for his outstanding work in the community;
* Medallion Awards: Presented to one individual in each of the Council's seven districts for their tremendous contributions over the past year. They include: William Fosselman, John Shore, Rosemary Guzman, Sal Aguayo, Susan Megliola, Grace McNeary and Celestine Ebegbulem;
* Special Commissioning: Cardinal Roger M. Mahony commissions more than 20 spiritual advisors;
* New leadership: President Jim Weiss introduces David Fields as the Council's new Executive Director;
* Thank You: Executive Director David Fields presents a special award to President Weiss, whose term as president comes to an end later this year.
Thank you to everyone who attended, and THANK YOU to our more than 2,000 'Vincentian' volunteers for their tireless efforts to help those in need throughout the year!!!
Photos (top to bottom): 'Vincentian' volunteer Gilberto Luna receives Top Hat Award from Council's Executive Director David Fields, Vice President Claire Padama and President Jim Weiss (from left); Cardinal Roger Mahony commissions spiritual advisors; President Jim Weiss (left) holds special award given him from Executive Director David Fields.