Why people volunteer to help St. Vincent de Paul help others


This Society's Council, which serves the needy in the counties of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara, is supported by more than 2,000 'Vincentian' volunteers from all walks of life and professional backgrounds.

Our volunteers - both young and young-at-heart - do what they can to help improve the quality of life for thousands of children, women and men each year. Without these dedicated individuals, much of what St. Vincent de Paul does would be most difficult.

Here are just a couple reasons why people sacrifice their time to help the Society reach out to the disadvantaged:

* “Being a Vincentian is very rewarding, especially when it comes to helping children. They are so innocent and helpless. They depend on their parents to help them and sometimes the parents have to humble themselves and ask for help out of love for their children. I admire these people.”

~ Paula, San Dimas

* “It helps me stay humble and connected to lots of people I would not normally know. I remain grateful for what I have, and I know it can be taken away. I thank God I am able to help others.”

~ Mike, Whittier

Comments