With Thanks to Fr. Astor Rodríguez for sharing image

A Prayer of a Vincentian Missionary

“O my Divine Saviour,
Transform me into Yourself.
May my hands be the hands of Jesus.
Grant that every faculty of my body
May serve only to glorify You.
Above all,
Transform my soul and all its powers
So that my memory, will and affection
May be the memory, will and affections
Of Jesus.
I pray You
To destroy in me
All that is not of You.
Grant that I may live
But in You, by You and for You,
So that I may truly say,
With St. Paul,
"I live - now not I -
But Christ lives in me".
–St. John Gabriel Perboyre, CM
Missionary, mystic, martyr, Vincentian,
priest of the Congregation of the Mission,
whose martyrdom 175 years ago in 1840.

Una oración de un Misionero Vicentino

Oh Divino Salvador,
Transformame en Ti Mismo.
Que mis manos son las manos de Jesús.
Concede que todas las facultades de mi cuerpo
Puede servir sólo para glorificarte.
Sobre todo,
Transforma mi alma y todas sus facultades
Así que mi memoria, voluntad y afecto
Puede ser la memoria, voluntad y afectos
De Jesus.
Te ruego
Para destruir en mí
Todo lo que no es de usted.
Haz que yo pueda vivir
Pero en Ti, por Ti y para Ti,
Así que puedo decir en verdad,
Con St. Pablo,
"Vivo - ahora no yo -
Pero Cristo vive en mí."
–San Juan Gabriel Perboyre, CM
Misionario, místico, mártir, Vicentino,
sacerdote de la Congregación de la Misión
cuyo martirio hace 175 años en 1840. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vincentian Services Department
Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Los Angeles

Comments