Monday, May 31, 2010
Various Ways To Observe Memorial Day
Memorial Day reminds us of our duties towards the wounded soldiers and the bereaved families, orphans and widows of the dead soldiers. We should honor the dead by adorning their sacred remains with flowers and garlands and show our gratitude towards them in the following ways:
* Adorning the graves of the soldiers with flags or flowers.
* Visiting cemeteries and memorials.
* Furling the American Flag at half-mast until noon.
* Furling the 'POW/MIA Flag'.
* Keep silence for a minute at 3 p.m., 'National Moment of Remembrance' and listen to Taps being played.
* Take a pledge to aid the disabled veterans, widows, widowers and orphans of the dead and keep it.
* You may support the efforts to restore the traditional day of observance of Memorial Day back to May 30th.
* Offering thanks to the veterans and appreciating the ultimate sacrifices of the soldiers to the bereaved families personally may help too.
at May 31, 2010
Thanks to St. John Bosco High School students for your day of service to the poor and homeless at St. Vincent de Paul of Los Angeles.
600 Vincentian volunteer members and staff attended the St. Vincent de Paul of Los Angeles 2018 Annual Meeting Sunday, April 22, 2018, at t...
During Poverty Awareness Month, join the U.S. Bishops, the Catholic Campaign for Human Development and the Catholic community in the Unite...