Monday, May 31, 2010
Various Ways To Observe Memorial Day
Memorial Day reminds us of our duties towards the wounded soldiers and the bereaved families, orphans and widows of the dead soldiers. We should honor the dead by adorning their sacred remains with flowers and garlands and show our gratitude towards them in the following ways:
* Adorning the graves of the soldiers with flags or flowers.
* Visiting cemeteries and memorials.
* Furling the American Flag at half-mast until noon.
* Furling the 'POW/MIA Flag'.
* Keep silence for a minute at 3 p.m., 'National Moment of Remembrance' and listen to Taps being played.
* Take a pledge to aid the disabled veterans, widows, widowers and orphans of the dead and keep it.
* You may support the efforts to restore the traditional day of observance of Memorial Day back to May 30th.
* Offering thanks to the veterans and appreciating the ultimate sacrifices of the soldiers to the bereaved families personally may help too.
at May 31, 2010
“ Our Society’s strength and success comes from our ability to develop, attract and retain talented employees motivated to help those i...
Thrift Store Thursday kicks off a day early! Wednesday (1/11) and Thursday (1/12) only, all clothing with a WHITE tag is just 99 cents....
Your gifts have given Gordon the chance for a brighter future At 68, Gordon decided to leave hospice care. He was being treated for...